Skip navigation
Stay Connected
 E-Mailing lists
Legal Notices/Postings
Public Meetings
Latest News
2014 Christmas Tree Recycling

Waterford Gets Permanent Tree at Town Hall

Art at Town Hall 2014

Drug Expert Presents Seminars

$1,000 Scholarship Opportunity

More news
Event Calendar
Closed - Christmas

Closed - New Year's Eve & Day

More Events
Discover Waterford

Learn more about Waterford...
Departments > Township Clerk > Election Information


Election Information

2014 Election Dates
Tuesday, August 5, 2014 - State Primary

Tuesday, November 4, 2014  - General Election

The Waterford Clerk's Office is accepting Applications for Poll Workers.


How do I register to vote? 
Registrations are taken at the Clerk's Office during regular business hours.  You also register to vote at any Secretary of State Office in Michigan. Waterford no longer has a local branch office of the Secretary of State.  Please call (888)767-6424 to locate a branch near you or visit:  Michigan Secretary of State Offices website

Where do I vote?
Your voting poll is shown on your voter ID card. Please contact the Clerk's Office (248) 674-6266 or visit the Clerk's Web Page or the Michigan Voter Information Center to learn where your voting poll is.

How do I obtain an absentee ballot?
There is an application process to obtain an absentee ballot.  Applications are available on line or by calling our office at (248) 674-6266. Qualifications for requesting an absentee ballot are:  60 years or older; unable to vote without assistance at the polls; expecting to be out of town on election day; in jail awaiting arraignment; unable to attend the polls due to religion; appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your voting precinct.


Sue Camilleri, Clerk
5200 Civic Center Drive
Waterford, MI 48329

OR FAX:  (248) 674-5455


We may not issue an absentee voter's ballot to anyone other than the voter. Absent Voter's ballot requests are completed and mailed the day they are received.

As you may have read in the newspaper, the law no longer allows us to automatically mail absentee ballot applications to everyone 60 years and older. Therefore we are a new mailing list.  Please call our office if you would like to be on the list at (248) 674-6266.

What are the requirements for election signs?
View the election sign ordinance.

What identification do I need to show at the polls?


Due to a court ruling every Michigan voter who offers to vote in the polls must comply with the requirement by showing picture identification or signing an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification.  (See MCL 158.523 for picture identification requirement)


Voters with picture identification:
Voters can satisfy the picture identification requirement by showing a Michigan driver's license or a Michigan personal identification card.  Voters who do not possess either document may show an approved picture identification as long as they are current; please see below.

Voters without picture identification:
Michigan election law anticipates that not all voters will have picture identification.  Voters who do not bring picture identification to the polls or do not possess picture identification can vote like any other voter by signing an affidavit.

As of March 28, 2013, an individual who is registered to vote OR obtaining an absentee ballot in person, must present photo identification or sign the Affidavit of Voter Not in Possession of Picture.

ABSENT VOTERS WITHOUT PICTURE ID:  Absentee voters that obtain ballots in person and do not produce an acceptable form of picture ID must also sign the affidavit.  NOTEAbsentee voters who sign the affidavit instead of producing an acceptable photo ID will be issued a Challenged Ballot.

List of Acceptable forms of identification:
  • Driver's license or personal identification card issued by another state.
  • Federal or State government issued photo identification.
  • U.S. Passport
  • Military identification card with photo.
  • Student identification with photo from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education.
  • Tribal identification card with photo.
Questions regarding the picture identification requirement can be directed to the Township Clerk's Office.

For more election related FAQs and information, please visit Michigan Department of State