> Fiscal and Human Resources
> Job Openings - Police & Fire
Fiscal and Human Resources
Job Openings - Police & Fire
The Waterford Township Civil Service Commission oversees the application and testing process for all entry level Police Officers and Fire Fighters.
Firefighters - For qualified firefighter applicants that have submitted their application prior to the cut-off-date of
02/15/13. The Written exam will be 02/23/13 in two sessions in alphabetical order by last name:
A - L - check in will start at 8:30 a.m. Exam will begin at 9:00 a.m.
M - Z - Check in will start at 12:30 p.m. Exam will start at 1:00 p.m.
Location: Fire Station 1 - 2495 Crescent Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48329
Starting pay is : $44,258.75 1st year: $49,881.56 2nd year: $55,509.65
Tentative time line: Oral boards: February 26, 27 & 28, 2013
Police Officer - Entry Level testing has been suspended until 01/01/13
Part-Time Police Officers - Minimum Qualification - extended cut off 03/01/13 Application
Volunteer Firefighter Application
When hiring Police Officers and Firefighters, the Township uses the following minimum standards and qualifications
- Completion of Firefighter I & II Training
- State of Michigan Paramedic License (or) National Registry Paramedic License
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPAT - Successful completion, must be current
- Certified or Certifiable Police Officer in the State of Michigan and documented proof of a passing score on the MCOLES Written & Physical agility tests, along with one of the following:
- A minimum of 60 credit hours of college from an accredited college or university.
- (4) four years of continuous active military service under honorable conditions within (4) four years of application cut-off (or)
- (2) two years employment as a certified full-time police officer in the State of Michigan as established by MCOLES within (2) years of application cutoff. (Out of state exceptions at the discretion of the Chief of Police.
All of the following infractions are subject to automatic disqualification from consideration for employment:
- Conviction of a Felony
- Conviction of DWLS, OUIL or OUID within 4 years prior to application
- Loss of driving privilege due to suspension or revocation within 2 years prior to application
- Accumulation of 8 points within 2 years prior to application
- Conviction of 3 moving violations within 2 years prior to application
- Two Accidents resulting in a violation conviction within 2 years prior to application
- Conviction of reckless driving 2 times in 4 years
- Any violations which indicate poor attitude and disrespect for law and order
- Any conviction of manslaughter
- Failure to take blood alcohol test.