> Township Treasurer
Margaret Birch, CPFA, CPFIM
Current Term Expires 2016
Thank you for visiting our web site. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the many services provided through the Treasurer’s Office. I would like your experience with this office to be a pleasant one, and I will be happy to assist you in any way I can.
The Township Treasurer collects and distributes your property tax bill for the following entities:
- State of Michigan
- Oakland Community College
- Oakland Schools
- School Districts of Waterford, Clarkston and Pontiac
- County of Oakland
- Waterford Township General Fund, Police, Fire, Library, Police & Fire Bond and Special Assessments
- Lake Improvement Boards
- Oakland County Water Resources Commssioner (Drain Office)
Tax bills are mailed out twice a year. Due to declining revenues, the Township can no longer mail Informational Tax Bills. This change affects only the homeowners who have their taxes paid by a mortgage company. If you have a mortgage and your taxes are paid by your mortgage company, a copy of your tax bill can be obtained on Tax Search Information page.
Those who pay their taxes and are not paid by a mortgage company will still receive a tax bill.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Investment of Surplus Funds
- Reconciliation of all Township Bank Accounts
- Management of Payroll and Employee Benefits Department
- Administration of Employee Pension Systems
- Administration of Retiree Health Care Board
- Administration of Defined Contribution Retirement System
- Billing and Collection of Special Assessments
- Collection of Dog License Fees for Oakland County Animal Control
The Treasurer also serves on and is a member of the Township Board of Trustees.