> Township Treasurer
> Property Taxes
> Payment Information
Are My Taxes Paid or Due?
Call the Tax Hot Line. Property tax amounts billed or paid can be obtained by calling the Oakland County Tax Hot Line. Tax information is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You need the 10 digit parcel identification number to access this service. This service is free of charge.
Call (888) 600-3773.
Where can you find your 10 digit parcel ID number?
2012 Summer Taxes
Payable July 1 through September 14, 2012. Beginning September 15, through September 30, 2012, add 1% interest. Add an additional 1% interest for each calendar month thereafter on the unpaid balance through February, 2013. In addition to interest, a 4% penalty and fee will be charged on any unpaid balance paid Febrary 15-28, 2013.
2012 Winter Taxes
Payable December 1, 2012 through February 14, 2013, without penalty.
February 15 - 28, 2013 add 4% penalty and fee.
All late payments must be received by the Waterford Township Treasurer on or before February 28, 2013. Postmarks will not be honored. Beginning March 1, 2013, all unpaid taxes must be paid to Andrew E Meisner, Oakland County Treasurer, 1200 N Telegraph, Pontiac, MI 48341 with additional penalties. During the month of March, a revised statement from the Township Treasurer must accompany your remittance to the County Treasurer. The County Treasurer's Office can be reached at (248) 858-0611.
Pay Delinquent Taxes
Payment of Taxes
There are many ways to pay your taxes.
- Taxes may be paid at the Waterford Township Treasurer's office during regular working hours. Cash, checks, credit and debit cards accepted. See below on convenience fee for using credit and debit card at Treasurer's Office.
- An after hours drop box is located near the lower entrance door of the Township Hall.
- Taxes may be mailed to our post office box in the envelope provided with your bill, (Department 771361, P.O. Box 77000, Detroit, MI 48277-1361). This payment is mailed directly to our bank's lockbox processing center.
- Online Payment Through Township Website (see below)
- Online BankingThrough Your Bank (see below)
Online Payment Option Through Township Website
Taxes can now be paid online electronically out of a savings or checking account, commonly referred to as eCheck, through Online Bill Payment. Partial payments are accepted with online payment service. Payment dates may be scheduled any time for the summer tax from July 1 through February 14* and for winter tax from December 1 through February 14*. A convenience fee of $1.00, which is paid to the bank for processing, will be charged to the taxpayer for each transaction. Please note that interest will be charged on summer payments made after September 14*.
Online Bill Payment also offers the option of Credit or Debit card payments. MasterCard and Visa are accepted. A convenience fee of 2.49% based on the amount of your tax payment will be charged to the taxpayer.
Online Banking Through Your Bank
If you initiate your payment through your financial institution, a paper check will be issued and mailed to the Township.
- Please schedule your payment to be delivered at least 10 business days prior to September 14 (summer tax) or February 14 (winter tax) to avoid a late payment and interest and/or penalties.
- If you are making an online payment through your bank, payments must be sent to: Waterford Township Treasurer, 5200 Civic Center Dr, Waterford MI 48329-3773.
- Do not use a P.O. Box address which will delay delivery of payment. Payment may fail to be delivered to Treasurer's Office if a P.O. Box address is used for an online payment.
- Payments not received by the due date will incur interest and/or penalties.
Please view Frequently Asked Questions about Online Bill Payment for more information.
Credit/Debit Card Payments at Treasurer's Office
For your convenience credit and debit cards are now accepted for payment at the Treasurer's Office. There is a credit card convenience fee of 2.50% of payment amount, (minimum charge $3.95). PIN-based debit card transactions have a $3.95 convenience fee.
VISA, MasterCard and Discover are accepted for tax payments.
*Or next business day if the 14th falls on a weekend or holiday